Why work for House of Hope?
Position: Property Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Property Manager
Position Classification: Non Exempt – Part to Full time
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES This position would be responsible for the routine upkeep and repair of several residential properties, including residents’ with special needs and office buildings. The qualified candidate should have basic knowledge of methods, materials, and tools used in the maintenance trades, including but not limited to plumbing, carpentry, painting, and mechanics. The individual should have ability to work independently or with others to complete projects with minimal supervision in a timely fashion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to complete work orders based on priority and direction of Property Manager.
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
- Maintain Preventative Maintenance schedule including the inspection of the exteriors of all House of Hope CDC properties weekly, as well as interiors on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Perform quality control inspections to ensure properties are maintained in a clean and safe manner, adherence to lease and tenant contracts specific to House of Hope CDC standards of safety as well as regulations and guidelines required by law
- Conduct Bi-Annual apartment inspections to ensure code regulations are enforced, and to ensure that apartments smoke detectors, window guards etc. are in good working order
- Maintain vacant units and ensure readiness for occupancy.
- Work within expense limits established.
- Coordinate special projects as directed by the Property Manager.
- Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors.
- Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned.
- Working in conjunction with vendors for lawn care/mowing and snow removal.
- Responsible for alerting the Property Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
- Pick up donations as needed.
- Assist with tenant move in/out.
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
- Product/pricing research for Purchase requisitions.
- Maintain equipment and maintenance logs.
- Complete payroll time sheets and mileage reimbursement and submit to supervisor weekly.
- Follow established company policies and those outlined in the Employee Guidebook.
This job requires exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
- Minimum of 5 years as a Maintenance Professional.
- Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of Microsoft office Suite (Excel, Word, Email).
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills needed.
- Must be able to pass background criminal investigation (BCI) screening.
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
- Utilization of personal tools is required
The above description is intended to describe the general content and requirements of the job for, House of Hope and may vary at times according to department objectives and needs for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Interested parties please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org note the position you are applying for in the subject.
Please note due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
House of Hope CDC promotes equal opportunity in all aspects of employment.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the selection process