Why work for House of Hope?
Position: Program Manager – Housing Stabilization
Reports To: Executive Director
Position Classification: Non -Exempt – Full time
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The overall responsibilities include overseeing day-to-day program operations related to residents and program case managers, and creating working relationships with other service providers. In addition, assisting with placement in said housing and follow up case management services needed to ensure housing stability and sustainability.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Oversees day-to-day function of the Housing Stabilization Program; serve as primary contact.
- Coordinate and manage the work of a small team of case managers and other staff to ensure effective, efficient and streamlined service delivery, while assisting in providing clinical support and supervision.
- Assign caseloads and related duties to staff to balance and optimize case management services to clients; Maintain a small case load if deemed necessary.
- Provides emotional support, assistance with problem solving, general advocacy and crisis intervention activities for clients
- Obtain all necessary releases and consent forms from clients.
- Provide and coordinate referrals, emergency services, and crisis intervention to residents as needed.
- Be a liaison to families, representatives of social services, and other agencies for clients.
- Responsible for keeping current sources such as medical, psychological, educational, social services, legal, housing and community resources and direction on how to apply and use them effectively.
- Provide follow-up case management services to those placed in housing to ensure resident stability and housing sustainability.
- Responsible for all data collection to be provided for reporting and monitoring purposes in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate with statewide agencies and other service providers, and function as agency representative at Acuity/Chronic User Housing placement Committee.
- Manage referrals to the program, review applications for completeness, and ensure all eligibility requirements are met. Follow-up with referral sources as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all program and funding guidelines; oversee program budget
- Assist Property Manager with lease-ups, income verification, rent collection, and inspections
- Follow all policies and procedures of House of Hope CDC.
- Provide direct administrative supervision to program case managers.
- Ensure that all program staff establish and maintain confidential case files for residents and complete progress notes for each client and document any other clinical correspondence as required. Ensure accurate and complete documentation of time and effort.
- Establish working relationships with representatives in other agencies to support individuals in attaining services such as housing, mental health, medical care, financial resources, medical benefits, etc. In addition, effectively communicate and articulate the needs our residents needs to others, both orally and through written correspondence.
- Supervises and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of the program operations and its procedures.
- Works with Human Resources to manage the agency’s employee performance evaluation and staff development plan process.
- Develop, coordinate and function as part of an On-Call team to deal with all after hour issues.
- Ability to understand and implement House of Hope CDC mission and culture, and provide client and staff interaction that ensures House of Hope CDC procedures and goals are being understood, followed and reached.
- Follow all policies and procedures of House of Hope and ensure that all staff are operating within policies and procedures at all times.
- Verifies and approves direct reports time and effort records and timesheets.
- Attend, prepare and actively participate in all House of Hope CDC departmental required trainings and or staff meetings within the building or other training facility. This may include an assignment, preparing an agenda or engage in problem solving and procedures
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work or Human Services, or equivalent of related education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge/familiarity with related resources such as housing, mental and physical health services, access to benefits, and addiction support.
- Demonstrated suitability to work with disadvantaged and challenging adults in a diverse environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated physical/mental ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Demonstrated ability to provide work direction and to understand and maintain clear boundaries.
- Ability to maintain a reasonably high degree of confidentiality and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, community providers, superiors, co-workers and associates.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of interviewing, assessment, counseling and the ability to plan, develop and implement case and treatment plans.
- An ability to organize, prioritize and perform tasks in an accurate manner with specific attention to detail and to multi-task.
- The ability to recognize emergency and crisis situations, and take action and seek intervention when needed.
- Dependable with excellent organization, interpersonal communication and time-management skills.
- Present a neat and professional appearance, display company identification as required.
- Possess basic computer skills; including Word, Excel, Internet and e-mail.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and have access to own transportation.
Please note that the above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of the job for, House of Hope and may vary at times according to department objectives and needs for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Salary to commensurate with experience
Interested parties please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and note the position you are applying for.
Please note due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
House of Hope CDC promotes equal opportunity in all aspects of employment.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the selection process
There are not any job openings at this time, please try back at a later date.