Why work for House of Hope?
Position: Finance Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Position Classification: Full time – Salary, Exempt
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
This position is responsible for all accounting functions within the organization. This includes management of the Finance Department its employees and all financial matters for the organization/ affiliates. This individual is responsible for providing the senior management team, and organization’s Board of Directors with relevant financial information necessary for budgetary and financial decisions. The role requires an ability to do proper analysis in areas such as forecasting, budgeting, cost reduction and operational performance. The individual must maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding records of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the overall supervision of the Finance/Administrative staff.
- Review all invoices; code per program prior to sending to the accountant for processing.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Keep Executive Directors apprised of all pertinent financial information.
- Carry out directives for Executive Director, and Board of Directors.
- Update financial information on ongoing property development projects.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of grants and eligible expenses in coordination with appropriate staff members.
- Attend board meetings providing appropriate financial reports and make financial recommendations to the Board of Directors as appropriate.
- Prepare materials for and oversee timely issuance of A133 audited financials for House of Hope, Thomas Wilber Homestead, and George Galen Wheeler non-profit corporations.
- Prepare organizational and program budgets
- Prepare materials for and oversee timely issuance of audited financials
- Highly analytical
- Ability to multitask, be highly organized and detail orientated.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Knowledge of accepted non-profit accounting procedures and principles.
- Experienced in budget preparation and financial management
- Excellent organizational, written, and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated sensitivity, understanding, and commitment to the organizations mission, core values, and population served.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team, in a fast pace environment work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to conceptualize work today while anticipating acting on events that create results and opportunities in the future.
- Flexible about hours to be worked during the peak periods of operation.
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of the job for, House of Hope and may vary at times according to department objectives and needs for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Interested parties please submit your resume via email to email@example.com note the position you are applying for in the subject.
Please note due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
House of Hope CDC promotes equal opportunity in all aspects of employment.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the selection process