Why work for House of Hope?
Position: Case Manger
Reports To: Program Manager
Position Classification: Full Time – Hourly, Non-Exempt
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The Case Manager works directly with program participants and implements and coordinates a detailed case plan for each individual appropriate to his or her situation. The Case Manager is required to perform a number of tasks including but not limited to providing comprehensive assessments, facilitating links to resources and services, and educating clients in life skills while maximizing independence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Perform comprehensive client assessments to collect functional, environmental, psycho-social, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information as appropriate to develop and create a detailed client /resident case plan.
- Obtain all necessary releases and consent forms from clients.
- Responsible for developing and implementing treatment plans through interview, assessment and counseling of clients.
- Ability to recognize emergency and crisis situations, and take action and seek intervention when needed.
- Establish and maintain confidential case files for clients and complete progress notes for each client and document any other clinical correspondence as required; average active client case load of 15+.
- Be considerate of each client’s privacy and confidentiality and respect the racial, religious, and cultural background of each client and help to promote the continuance of his or her cultural identity as much as possible.
- Be a liaison to families, representatives of social services, and other agencies for clients.
- Create a healthful and positive atmosphere within the program, conducive to congenial group living, where applicable.
- Provide and coordinate referrals, emergency services, and crisis intervention to clients as needed.
- Utilize outside sources such as medical, psychological, educational, social services, legal, housing and community resources and apply and use them effectively.
- Establish working relationships with representatives in other agencies to support individuals in attaining services such as housing, mental health, medical care, financial resources, medical benefits, etc. In addition, effectively communicate and articulate the needs our clients needs to others, both orally and through written correspondence.
- An ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships while setting boundaries with; clients, community providers, superiors, co-workers and associates.
- Ability to focus on organization, communication and time-management skills.
- Abide by all House of Hope policies and procedures.
- Represent HoH in a professional manner; display identification, present a neat and professional appearance.
- Attend, prepare and actively participate in all HOH departmental required trainings and or staff meetings. This may include an assignment, preparing an agenda or engage in problem solving and procedures.
- A Bachelor Degree in Social Work or Human Services, or equivalent of related field of education and experience.
- Knowledge of medical, psychological, educational, social services, legal, housing and community resources and how to apply and use them effectively.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of interviewing, assessment, counseling and the ability to plan, develop and implement case and treatment plans.
- An ability to effectively communicate and articulate the needs of clients to others, both orally and through written correspondence.
- An ability to organize, prioritize and perform tasks in an accurate manner with specific attention to detail and to multi-task.
- The ability to recognize emergency and crisis situations, and take action and seek intervention when needed.
- Dependable with excellent organization, interpersonal communication and time-management skills.
- Present a neat and professional appearance, display identification as required by the position and abide by all House of Hope policies and procedures.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Possess basic computer skills; including Word, Excel, Internet and e-mail.
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of the job for, House of Hope and may vary at times according to department objectives and needs for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Salary to commensurate with experience
Interested parties please submit your resume via email to email@example.com note the position you are applying for in the subject.
Please note due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
House of Hope CDC promotes equal opportunity in all aspects of employment.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the selection process