• High School diploma or Associate degree preferred, and at least 3 years experience working with children.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and perform tasks in an accurate and timely manner with specific attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
• An ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, employees, community providers, superiors, co-workers and associates.
• Proven ability to successfully work with people, a strong sense of customer service, and an understanding of the population served.
• Dependable with excellent organization, interpersonal communication and time-management skills
• Present a neat and professional appearance, display identification as required by the position and abide by all House of Hope policies and procedures.
• Possess basic computer skills; including Word, Excel, Internet, e-mail.
• Ability to provide work direction and to understand and maintain client/worker boundaries.
• Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
• Must have a clean criminal background and be cleared by CANTS (DCYF) to work with children.
This is a part time position at a non-profit organization
please send resumes to email@example.com for consideration
Shelter Workers are the front line staff working with a nightly emergency shelter for adult homeless men who cope with a wide variety of problems (e.g. mental illness, addiction, etc) and have limited housing options. The Shelter Worker carries out a variety of duties related to the operation of the shelter including intaking and orientating guests, providing support that meets the needs of clients entering the shelter. This includes but is not limited to basic needs such as food and shelter, providing structure and guidelines in order to maintain a healthy and safe environment for residents. In addition the ability to address and resolve issues that may have rendered them homeless such as; conflict resolution, mediation, problem solving, harm reduction and accessing services.
• Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in Social Work or Human Services, or equivalent of related education and experience.
• Minimum 2 years’ Experience in working with homeless population or individuals in crisis.
• Demonstrated experience working with disadvantaged and challenging adults in a diverse environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team and the ability to multi-task..
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated physical/mental ability to perform the duties of the job.
• Demonstrated ability to provide direction and to understand and maintain client/worker boundaries.
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
• An ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, community providers, superiors, co-workers and associates.
• The ability to recognize emergency and crisis situations, and take action and seek intervention when needed.
• Possess basic computer skills; including Word, Excel, Internet and e-mail.
All interested parties please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your resume if available.