19 Oct DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND OPERATIONS
Position: Director of Finance and Operations
Reports To: Executive Director
Position Classification: Full Time – Exempt
Salary: mid $60,000 – mid $70,000
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
This newly created position is responsible for oversight of financial and operational functions within the organization, including management of the Finance, Fund Development and related administrative staff. This individual is responsible for all financial matters of the organization and related entities necessary for budgetary, financial, and strategic decisions. Serve as the internal operations officer of the organization, providing a strong day-to-day leadership presence, while also bridging program operations over various locations. The role also requires an ability to manage the internal and external support of human resources and information technology needs of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide overall financial oversight and monitoring, including sound fiscal management practices and internal controls.
- Manage a small accounting team and oversee monthly accounting processes, including bookkeeping, payroll management, grant tracking and invoicing.
- Manage and oversee a robust financial management system; ensure that billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Forecast revenue and expenses to identify trends, anticipate deficits, and overall financial status.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; develop financial reporting materials for all donor segments and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Manage and oversee contracts management to ensure solvency of property portfolio and ensure adequate resources for social services function of the organization
- Oversee and lead the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the senior leadership team and the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process including liaise with external auditors.
- Generate financial reports for staff on a quarterly basis.
- Generate financial reports and serve as staff to relevant Board of Directors meetings.
- Oversee financial documentation and reporting as required by various local, state, and federal authorities.
- Process payroll weekly, track PTO and manage benefits (health & retirement) for all employees.
- Stay abreast of laws and regulations relating to human resources and finance, and incorporate changes into personnel policies; notify employees of relevant topics.
- Risk management activities, including insurance coverage, safety and security.
- Assist Fund Development Manager with reconciling donations and track grant spending for donor restricted grants, including required financial reporting.
- Oversee process of onboarding and training new employees and volunteers.
- Oversee the organization’s information technology including software, databases, shared drives, platforms, and more.
- Advanced degree in accounting, finance, or related field or 10+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced expertise using platforms such as QuickBooks and Excel; familiarity with Medicaid billing and HUD documentation and reporting requirements a plus
- Ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of leadership management experience in a similar size for profit or not for profit environment(s).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- An ability to organize, prioritize and perform tasks in an accurate manner with specific attention to detail and to multi-task.
- Dependable with excellent organization, interpersonal communication and time-management skills.
- Ability to maintain a reasonably high degree of confidentiality and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, external stakeholders, superiors, co-workers and associates.
Understand that the above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of the job for, House of Hope and may vary at times according to department objectives and needs for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
How to Apply:
Email Resume, Cover Letter, and Contact Information to: email@example.com with subject line “Director of Finance and Operations”. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Equal opportunity employer.
Please note due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
House of Hope CDC promotes equal opportunity in all aspects of employment.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the selection process