30 Jan Fund Development Manager
Position: Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist
Reports To: Senior Accountant
Position Classification: Full Time
Hourly: $17 – $18
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
House of Hope CDC a non-profit organization is seeking an Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist to carry out the day-to-day financial activities for the organization’s multi-faceted programs, including government and local funded programs, housing and rental programs and housing development. This position requires a high level of detail and expertise with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team to ensure the organizations finances are recorded, reported and processed accurately and timely. The AP/AR Specialist will review invoices, expense charges and process payments owed by the organization to a variety of vendors, suppliers, organizations or individuals. This is a full cycle Accounts Payable/ Receivable position including collections, billing and journal entries. This position will have daily oversight by the Senior Accountant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain general ledger entries while looking to identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Work with outside agencies on grants.
- Prepares monthly grant invoices.
- Administration and management of invoices; Enter invoices from hard copies into Peachtree system.
- Process invoices and employee expense reports; audit and ensure the approver’s signatures comply with the approval process.
- Interact with vendors to promote resolution regarding invoice and/or payment issues.
- Prepare vendor files and ensure accuracy with filing.
- Reconcile vendor statements on a monthly basis.
- Research and resolve any invoice discrepancies.
- Assist with administrative duties as assigned by Senior Accountant
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience in accounting or similar, with A/P, A/R background.
- Must be able to demonstrate a professional level of vendor/customer interface.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Experience with Peachtree/SAGE and QuickBooks Software.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment.
- Ability to multi task, be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of the job for, House of Hope and it is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
How to Apply:
Email Resume, Cover Letter, and Contact Information to: Antoinette@thehouseofhopecdc.org & Bill@thehouseofhopecdc.org with subject line “Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist”.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Equal opportunity employer.
Please note due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
House of Hope CDC promotes equal opportunity in all aspects of employment.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the selection process
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.